Thursday, February 26, 2015

Social Security Disability Benefits for Children

A disability is an unfortunate circumstance for any child and his/her family. It reduces the chances for the child to have a good quality of life, to say nothing of the financial challenges that could complicate things further for the family. Despite these, it should not always be viewed as a hardship; after all, every child is a gift, and with enough love and proper care, the child and his/her family can live the way they’re meant to.

To help with the financial concerns that come with any disabling condition, a family can gain benefits from social security disability for children. For example: low income families with disabled children can claim Supplemental Security Income (SSI) before those children turn 18.

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Avoid These When Filing an SSDI Claim

Among SSDI applicants, it’s common to hear that the process they must go through is long and arduous. They would be right: SSDI processing is so stringent that only about 30 percent of claims are approved at the initial stage. So what happens to the other 70 percent? Chances are, they committed either one, two, or all of these mistakes.

Faking it– At times, crooks see the SSDI application process as a way of getting money without working. They do this by trying to fabricate their injuries and the “credentials” that prove it, with the aid of fraudulent people like themselves. Attempting this could lead to serving jail time.

Friday, February 20, 2015

Requirements for Medicaid Eligibility

Through the decades, Medicaid has provided health coverage to millions of Americans across all states. Jointly funded by the federal government and the individual state, it covers adults with low income, the elderly, pregnant women, persons with disabilities, and children. However, to be eligible for Medicaid, one must first meet general and financial requirements.

General Requirements

To be eligible for Medicaid, you must be a U.S. citizen and a resident of the state where you are applying. You must also have a Social Security number. Additionally, you must either be 65 years of age or older, pregnant, blind, or permanently disabled according to the definition of the Social Security Administration. Children, or their parents or guardian, may also be covered by Medicaid.

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Healthcare Requires Cash: Revenue Cycle Management

No one expects to pay cash when they go to a hospital. After all, the usual reason for going is a medical emergency. Hospitals are typically paid by the patient’s health insurance. The problem is, this means that the facility will not receive payment until all the paperwork is done; which can throw a spoke in paying the bills for its maintenance. The functions and processes in capturing, managing, and collecting revenue in a healthcare system is known as revenue cycle.

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Affordable Care Act Marketplace Navigators Offer Valuable Guidance

Choosing a health plan could prove more challenging this year because of the many new health insurance marketplace coverage options that have been introduced. There are 25% more issuers this year, and the increased competition has resulted in more opportunities for lower premiums. It is estimated that around 80% of consumers this year can find coverage for only $100 or less. Given all the new options, shoppers need to be careful about the kind coverage they get. First, they have to choose from four health plan categories: platinum, gold, silver, or bronze. Platinum and gold plans have higher premiums, but will require less out-of-pocket expenses. Silver and bronze plans, meanwhile, have lower premiums, but higher out-of-pocket costs.

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Social Security Disability Services Help Claimants Get Needed Benefits

Despite accusations of fraudulent SSDI claims, many experts point to the difficulty of actually meeting Social Security disability eligibility standards. For a member to qualify, he must prove that his condition is severe enough to prevent him from working not just on his previous job, but on any job in any industry; and that the impairment is expected to last for at least one year, or result in death. Additionally, the member should have paid a minimum amount to the SSS by the time of his disability, depending on his age. In fact, as the LA Times reports, only around 41% of all SSDI applicants get approved for benefits.