Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Facts about Common SSI and SSD Programs

When a person becomes injured and unable to continue working in his chosen field, the government grants him special compensation benefits depending on the nature and gravity of his condition. Here are some of the government programs that you can check out, should you or one of your loved ones be incapacitated for work:


Social security disability insurance is also known as Title II benefits, SSD, or DIB. To be qualified or insured under this program, one needs to have worked long enough and have accumulated enough credits from having paid their social security taxes. The monthly payment is determined by the total amount the person has paid into the system.


Another program that you can look into is referred to as supplemental security income. To qualify under this system, one needs to be disabled, as well as eligible under the category of low income and resources. Aside from income, there is also additional benefits that will have to be determined. If you can qualify for SSI, there’s a good chance that you can qualify for Medicaid as well.

Disabled Widows

Should your spouse pass under the qualifications set forth by the program, you could also be eligible for disabled widow’s SSDI. You can also claim on behalf of your deceased spouse if you meet certain criteria, such as being between the age of 50 and 60, or that your current situation generally meets the requirements for a disabled adult, if you are also disabled.

No comments:

Post a Comment